C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2008 13:17:59 -0500
I was going to hold my tongue (keys?) on this, but Ken has a point.  (I
think I've said this before, but here goes anyway...).  During Katrina,
neither Governor Blanco nor Mayor Nagin took appropriate steps to move
federal aid on scene within the parameters of the National Response Plan
(NRP) and the National Incident Management System (NIMS).  Google both
of these--you'll learn a bit how government works during a disaster).

Their failure to follow the guidelines laid out clearly before them
created a non-response within their own state and local emergency
management communities, and a latent response by federal authorities.

Haley Barbour, of Mississippi, followed the protocol and his state's
recovery was much easier.  Can't get simpler than that.