From:
Hilary McClure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:28:52 -0500
Wally Day wrote:

>> Also, it is not a byproduct of the cheese
>
> How does one get whey without cheese? I thought whey was just a
> by-product from cheese making.

I guess their point is that cheese makers are after the casein curd,
and the whey is left over, a byproduct, and they don't care what
condition it's in. It gets damaged by high heat or pH. With this
particular whey product, their focus is on extracting the whey
proteins and other biological factors with all of their special
properties intact. The casein is the byproduct in this case. You can
read about it here: http://www.wellwisdom.com/a_immunoprorx.php

You can also read in many places that whey protein has the highest
biological value of any protein--higher than egg white (the gold
standard). Which means it's the most fully and quickly utilized
protein, which is why so many body builders use it for post-workout.

Of course, it's not paleo, being dairy-based and a product of
technology.