From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:03:01 -0500
Kim Kline wrote:
> Thanks for the additional info.  I know that in the past when I have
> eaten a low carb diet, my cholesterol goes way down too.  Usually
> about 150 on SAD and low carb got down to 108.

It was Karsten Andersen, not Stefansson, whose cholesterol went up to
600.  Ray Audette's hypothesis was that this was caused by drinking
unfiltered coffee, which has a known cholesterol-raising ingredient,
kaweol.  But the bottom line is, we don't know.  That's an extreme rise,
which would be difficult to duplicate under any conditions.  Andersen's
cholesterol returned to 200 or so after the experiment ended.

Todd Moody