C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Pink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 2009 09:29:56 -0500
Kathy Jo Pink
E-mail addresses: [log in to unmask] , [log in to unmask], and [log in to unmask]

MSN/HotMail IM: [log in to unmask]

Pogo Nickname : perkypinkypink

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 08:25:15 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Independent Living for People With Disabilities

Having trouble viewing? Click here.

Life without limits for people with disabilities™

Forward | Update Profile | Action Center Homepage

Dear Kathy,

Home ownership can bring feelings of hope and pride and independence. Home ownership offers the reward and joy of a place for family to thrive; it contributes to the community and builds relationships with friends, family and neighbors.

People with disabilities are no different. Living independently in their own community can increase the sense of connection and choice for people with disabilities. The reality, however, is that many people with disabilities live in homes of their family members, in assistive living situations, or in institutions unable to share in the experience independent living provides.

United Cerebral Palsy is making a difference for people with disabilities to truly live a Life Without Limits, by offering them the choice to live independently and make meaningful contributions to our communities and society.
We hope you can support people with disabilities, like the four individuals below, to continue to attain greater independence and choices in their living situation. These four amazing men, currently live in apartments. Soon, they will have their own homes as a result of their personal accomplishments and participation with United Cerebral Palsy of Pittsburgh Community Living and Support Services (CLASS) made possible by the national Ewing Housing Program. The Ewing Housing program, provides loans to UCP affiliates, like UCP/CLASS, to help finance the purchase of accessible rental or owner-occupied housing for people with disabilities and it is operated by the United Cerebral Palsy (UCP) National office.

Select One:

Jason
Paul

Jay
Eric
With your gift, you will help UCP provide our affiliates with the support they need to provide ongoing services for housing. You will help to enable people with disabilities belong to their community, and participate in social relationships. Says Al Condeluci, PhD., CEO of UCP/CLASS, "the more relationships in your life, the happier you are, the healthier you are, and the longer you live," exhibiting the concept of building "social capital" within our communities. People with disabilities have safer, more accessible places to live, and the community benefits from the diversity that these individuals bring to their neighborhood because of the efforts of UCP/CLASS and other UCP affiliates working to achieve a life without limits for people with disabilities around the world.

Please support UCP and our efforts to promote independent living situations and social capital for people with disabilities. Your gift will help advance the success and scope of our mission —this depends on the generosity of people like you.

Sincerely,

Stephen Bennett
President and Chief Executive Officer

P.S. We have made great strides to provide services and independent, accessible living situations for people with disabilities here at UCP. I urge you to continue to touch the lives of 176,000 people who turn to our affiliates on a daily basis for support and resources to thrive in their communities. Please make a contribution to UCP today.

 Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Visit the web address below to tell your friends about this.
 Tell-a-friend!
This message was sent to [log in to unmask] Visit your profile management or subscription management page to modify your email communication preferences or update your personal profile. To stop receiving United Cerebral Palsy messages, click to unsubscribe (or reply via email with "remove or unsubscribe" in the subject line).