From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2009 20:21:28 -0500
Hi group;
I have been having some unresolved echo link problems and tried everything I can think of with no success.  I am able to connect to the test server and there is no audio problem.  There is an item in the tools menu that lets you check your connection.  It passed there supposedly are no firewall issues.  If, however, you go to the echolink support page there is another link to an "echo link trouble shooter".  This also tests your connection and comes up with an error.  I have disconnected the router and turned off all firewalls and virus protection to see if the problem was fixed and the same error shows up.  I seem to be able to connect to repeaters but not links.  Further, although I am connecting, I'm not certain I am hearing all stations using the repeater.
I have sent a message or two to echo link and you get what appears to be an automated reply.
I contacted my isp and the necessary ports are supposedly not blocked.
I have no idea what to look for next.
Any ideas appreciated.
Richard