From:
Martin McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 2008 13:27:47 -0600
	This thread is a few weeks old but I will suggest some
things.

	I can read most mime messages just fine so when I see a
bunch of headers on a list like the following. Forgive me:

--=======AVGMAIL-493AB6140000=======

Something went wrong somewhere because either the mime
processing software on the list couldn't strip out all those
mime headers or the list doesn't process mime at all in which
case one must turn off mime encapsulation any time a message
goes to the list because those headers will end up in the body
of the message since the list software doesn't know what to do
with them. They just look like the message body as far as the
processing software is concerned.

	Another thing might be that the list software knows mime
but the sender's mail package does something weird that violates
a mime rule or the list software has a bug that doesn't handle
that particular mime correctly. The possibilities are endless.

	If you can, turn off Microsoft richtext so half of us
don't read =20 at the end of every line plus lots of other
extraneous garbage.

	That and mime headers that somehow leak out in to the
message body are two pet peeves of mine. They aren't the end
of civilization by any means, but when it comes to mailing
lists, simple text is fairly foolproof while mime and binary
attachments are a recipe for trouble. By the way, I am not
griping at anybody, just trying to explain how this happens.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer