From:
Anthony Vece <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 2008 18:50:19 -0500
Mike;

You are quite a resourceful individual!

73 De Anthony W2AJV
ECHOLINK NODE NUMBER: 74389

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mike Duke, K5XU
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2008 6:41 AM
  Subject: Re: Hamming Blind

  Did anyone here ever make a Braille dial by using a plastic coffee can
lid,
  and making dots around the edge with a stylus which was kept in the radius
  by a string stuck to the exact center of the lid, or whatever plastic
circle
  you were trying to Braille?

  I read of that technique in Braille Technical Press, but never could
figure
  out a way to attach such a dial to my Swan 500CX. So, I used the 25 khz
  calibrator, and counted dial turns like Phil mentioned.

  The Swan covered the entire 10 meter band with one band switch setting, so
  10 meters had its own individual feel when tuning.

  When I put an external vfo on the Swan in about 1978, I thought I had
moved
  to a totally new rig when it came to counting dial turns for 10 meters as
it
  now had the same turns to frequency ratio as the other bands.

  I still have the home brew tuning indicator that a friend built and wired
  the meter of the Swan. It is now wired across the meter in an SWR bridge
so
  that I can use it with a manual antenna tuner when necessary.

12/20/2008 2:34 PM