From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 2008 10:41:20 -0700
Bill,

I bought a used Ten Tec Triton 1 back in 78 I think it was.  It ran 50 watts
output, was all solid state of course, and ran 80 through ten.  I worked a
guy from Ten Tec on 20 CW once and he said Ten Tec only made 200 of the
Triton ones.  The Swan 350 and Swan 500 were very popular radioes but I
don't believe either of them worked 160 meters.  In the late sixties, I was
net control a lot on a regular bases on the Nebraska side band traffic net
and I would bet half the guys ran 350s and some had the 500 model and a lot
of guys ran HW12 on 75 meters, too.

Phil.
K0NX