From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 2008 07:03:12 -0800
Hi Fred,

As I understand it, the Bazooka antenna is also known as the velocity factor
dipole.  they are built by using coax for 2/3 of the antenna's length and
then tying the centers and shields together at the end and soldering on a
single wire often called a voltage cap at either end.  they are a center fed
antenna and single band only but tend to be wide banded on that band.  I ran
them for 80 and 15 meters when I was a kid at the Idaho State School for the
blind and they worked very well.  I believe the double bazooka is a full
length version of these but am not sure.

Take care and very 73..

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX