From:
Gary Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 20 Dec 2008 21:33:30 -0500
Well folks, I went and had the girlfriend get me the transmitter for
christmas.
Just received it today.
Thanks to an email from them giving frequency settings, I got it up and
running with little trouble.

Frequency range is from 106.7 to 107.9 mhz.  This is set with three recessed
dip switches.
The unit is about the size of a deck of cards, and has a pushbutton on the
top surface, on/off, a jack along one long side, power, and a jack on one
short side, audio input.
I specify these, because they are both standard mini jacks.
After setting frequency, I removed the battery cover from the bottom, and
installed three double a batteries.
This allowed me to determine which jack was which by listening on a receiver
as I plugged the source into each one.

Power is supplied through a usb type conector.
You are provided with an ac adapter and a cigarette lighter connector both
with usb connections which fit the usb type cable plugging into the
transmitter.
My only problem with this unit is it should have a level setting pot for
source level.  They do give you an rca cable with in-line pot, but I feel a
pot in the unit would be better.  It could be a screwdriver set trimmer.

Signal is perfect all over the house, and the antenna, (a long piece of
wire), is still taped in its original tiny coil.
Price is $99.99 through the end of the month.

Hope this is of some use to someone.
More info at <www.wholehousefmtransmitter.com>