From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2008 17:01:36 -0500
Hello;
I too have some questions concerning a remote base.  Has anyone tried the
receive only option for the handihams remote base?  You should be able to
connect to it and listen via echo link.  I've tried connecting but this
lovely pc just sits here until it times out.  I don't seem to have issues
connecting to anything else.
Secondly, there are apparently boxes in the echo link screen that allow you
to enter txt such as frequency mode etc.  Haven't found these boxes to say
nothing about whether you need forms mode or not.
If anyone else has had any luck I'd be curious.  I figure I will wait until
after the holidays to bug the poor folks at handihams.
Richard