From:
Lou Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2008 12:51:08 -0500
I'm shopping around for a new laptop and this weekend, I got to look at some
of the new so-called net book computers.  They're tiny, as you may know but
contain a full operating system like XP or Vista or Linux.  Both the Acer
and the HP I looked at had reasonable keyboards despite the size of the
units.  What I'm wondering is has anyone used any of these machines with
Jaws or another screen reader?  I'm wondering how viable a unit like this
would be for most of my computer needs.  Given it's light weight and small
size, it would be quite easy to bring it into the ham shack as well.  Lou