From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 2008 17:40:20 -0500
Tom,

You'll probably find that most transmitters either have a pair of switches
that sets the transmitter to one of several fixed frequencies, or an up/down
button which lets you set the frequency of your choice within a range
(hopefully the whole FM band).  In either case, the best way to figure out
where you are is to tune the radio to a spot with no stations, turn the
transmitter on, and adjust the frequency until the white noise disappears.
You might even want to feed audio from your stream to the transmitter so
you'll hear something recognizable to let you know that you're on the right
frequency.  If your radio has presets, you might want to reserve one or two
of them for "streaming."

Steve