From:
Dave Marthouse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Nov 2008 13:43:34 -0500
Below is a message that I e-mailed to Tom re: VR Stream While Traveling.

Dave N2AAM

Hi Tom,
I am responding to your inquiry on the Blind Hams List.
I don't have a VR Stream as of yet but plan to get one after the new year.
I do have a suggestion regarding distributing the audio in your vehicle.
There are various devices under FCC part15 that would fit your purposes.
Part15 devices as I'm sure you know require no license and are confined to
limited
transmit range.  They are available on the fm or am bands.  The fm units are
the most prevalent.
I use a device that was obtained from one of the WallMart type stores by a
friend.  He bought a bunch of them for a project at his work.  He needed to
distribute
broadcast audio in a heavily shielded office building.  I bought one of his
extra devices.
They go under the name Monster and cost about $60.  The "Monster"
transmitter is about six inches long consisting of a tubular plastic housing
with cables
protruding out of either end.  One cable terminates in a standard eighth
inch stereo male jack while the other end terminates in a standard
automotive
cigarette lighter plug.  All you would need to do is apply automotive power,
plug in the Stream, select the frequency and you are good to go.
As far as accessibility the Monster is blind friendly.  The frequency is
selected by pressing a button located at one end of the unit.  The
transmitter
ranges throughout the educational portion of the fm band from 88.1 through
91.9MHZ.  The unit is digital and it is easy to find an empty frequency and
zero in.  The transmitter will retain its frequency settings even if power
is removed.
I use the transmitter to send audio from my computer around my house.  It
works extremely well and in my opinion it's well worth the price.
I hope this helps.  If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Dave Marthouse N2AAM
http://www.wodiradio.com
Phone Office: 1-434-376-1230
Phone Fax: 1-434-376-9634