From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2008 14:24:18 -0500
Radials don't just help with tx and rx, it is really half of your antenna,
so don't neglect them.

It will work just as well with the insulation left on and the wire itself
should last longer too.   If you happen to lay your hands on some bare wire,
use it too.  The more the merrier.

Some guys bury them, but it can be a lot of work, depending on  how hard the
ground is and how soft your back is.   Some guys   hold them down on top
with  lawn staples and in a few months they will disappear into the  grass.

73, Steve KW3A