From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2008 12:17:15 -0400
Bill,

I don't know what you want to spend, but you can get a Kenwood TS-480 for
about $1100.  As far as I know, it's the most accessible radio you can find.
The speech reads all the menus, the frequency, signal strength, and tone
encode and decode values.  You won't get as much speech readout from any of
the Icom radios, which only read frequency as far as I know.  I don't think
you get any readout from any of the Yaesus, although some of them can be
controlled via computer.

Steve