Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2008 02:53:10 -0700
7bit
From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
The phone has to be compatible and there has to be compatible software that
will accomplish the task. Assuming those two pieces are in place, it really
is just a matter of installing the software on the laptop and hooking up the
phone. There will likely be a driver that makes it look like a modem to the
operating system, and whatever connection application you use to dial up to
your ISP will need to be switched to use that modem driver.

That really is it. My dad used Juno, and we just selected that modem in the
available modems for his dial up profile and everything worked. The only
downside is every cell provider [that I know of] limits their bandwidth to
28.8k. Apparently this is to encourage you to purchase their high-speed
modem solution.

Cheers!
Kyle Elmblade

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 4:48 PM, Brenda Dencer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I've heard about using your cell phone as a modem by tethering it to
> your laptop.  How is that done? Anything from your experience I should
> know?
>
> Thanks.
>

> Brenda Dencer, CSC, CI, CT, SC: L
> 443.812.4975 (c) 410.730.0057 (h)
>
> If you can't say something good about someone, sit right here by me.
> -- Attributed to Alice Roosevelt Longworth
>

>         PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download
>                     visit our download web page at:
>                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>