Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Oct 2008 19:22:51 -0600
oh for god sakes already.
I just have to jump in on this.
Come on, this is an amateur radio list.  Not a blindness related topics
list, and most certainly not a religious advice list.
I'm pretty tollerant of off topic posts but this one is way over the top.
why don't we just suspend this list, send all members a subscribe email to a
blindness information list and have done with it.
I subscribed to a blind hams list, with the intension of meeting and
corresponding with other blind hams about ham radio related topics, and how
ham radio relates to blindness and so on.
I did not subscribe to a list where any topic at any time can just pop up
and either take up space in my inbox with meaningless babble about the past
or some obscure blindness related device or theory.  If i wanted to see
posts asking for advice about religious topics i'll bloody well subscribe to
a religion list.
If i want to see posts about braillers and braille, i'll subscribe to an
appropriate list for that.
The fact is, I don't, and therefore I am not subscribed to such lists.
A few off topic posts are OK, as long as they are at least within the relm
of electronics or something somewhat linked to ham radio, but not this
sometimes constant barrage of total babble that has been plaguing this list
lately.

Yes yes, I know, I have a delete key, and I should use it, and if I don't
like it I can unsubscribe.
But i can also state my opinion and say my piece just as easily and
seemingly without consequence since everything else is excepted by group
members weather radio related or not.
I'm not saying a moderator has to jump in here, we all know phil's stance on
managing lists and I respect and like that stance.  However, we, as a group,
can at least, individually and together make an effort to use the list for
it's intended purpose and not as a catch all basket, or in some cases,
garbage can for our problems, issues, unrelated questions or vague or
rambling sentiments.
I know, ham radio facilitates all topics on air, except in some countries
one may not discuss religion or politics.  However, if something is
designated for a certain purpose, say a specific net, you would never
consider jumping in and disrupting the net and disrupting the purpose of the
net just because someone happens to be talking on the air?  Or simply
because you feel like discussing your own topics...
This list is the same.  Just because most of us share some commonality in
our blindness or lack of vision, doesn't automatically mean that the list
topics can encompass all topics related to blindness or all topics period.
It should be used for it's intended purpose.  That intended purpose here is
already very very broad and rightly so.  But it certainly isn't all
encompassing.
I'll get off my soap box now and crawl back under the rock I've been hiding
under.

73
Colin, V A6BKX