From:
Shaun Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2008 17:54:43 +1100
I just hope I can afford the damned thing now. radios are going up 10%
over here after the first of november. and current stocks run out.
I just hope when december gets here I can afford all the bits I need. I
don't want to short change myself. however, if it comes down to it,
it'll be a yaesu ft-757 I saw or a kenwood ts-430S. both of which I can
drive without too much hassle.
I'm gonna try for that icom though. it talks, and will give enough info
to be going on with. not to mention, the menus are layed out well enough
I could get around them unassisted.
one question, tom, when you change a setting, does the changed setting
beep to let you know the setting has been altered or do you only get a
confirmation beep when you save the settings? if it don't beep when you
alter something, that could be quite a problem. otherwise,, I'll have
little to no trouble. I've read the manual front to back and it seems
like a white stick could if they gave it some thought work around the
radio with little to no fuss. again, would be nice if Icom's speech
boards gave us a little more feedback but, beggers can't be choosers.

Shaun,
vk2fese,
web sites:
http://www.myspace.com/blindmanshaunoliver
http://blindman.homelinux.org/~blindman/
skype: brailledude

On 28/10/2008 9:27 AM, the old scribe known as T Behler was able to
impart this pearl of wisdom: