From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Apr 2009 23:00:19 -0400
Hi.

This thread is tempting me to download Ham Radio Deluxe and experiment with
control on the TS2000S.  I tried to look at this once before, but the low
end Pentium Windows 98 laptop that I was using at the time didn't seem to
have enough muscle to run it--whenever I would try, I would freeze the machine.

Anyway, now that I have a dual core processor running Windows XP Pro with 2
GB of RAM, maybe I should take another look at it.

One question that I would have, offhand, for the fellow who was using it
with the IC746 (Ok, I admit that I've already lost track of who that was),
did you have any luck loading PL tones and repeater offsets on 2 meters
with it?  If so, that would overcome one real stumbling block that I've had
with the Icom IC706 Mk II G, a radio that I otherwise like, but for that
one problem.  It might actually convince me to stop posting it for sale and
press it back into service.

Anyway, I suspect that with a little JAWS scripting, Colin's problem with
the sliders might be able to be solved.  I believe, if I remember
correctly, that there is a JAWS function that allows one to increment or
decrement slider positions by specific amounts.  I don't have the Freedom
Scientific Developers Network loaded on this machine, but if I can remember
to do so, I'll take a look tomorrow morning when I get to work and see if I
can find it again.

Back on the subject of the 706, the other thing that kept me from using HRD
to control it was the lack of an interface.  I'm wondering what is out
there that is less expensive than the Icom one which several friends have
commented about it as being overpriced.

Any thoughts?

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline