From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 2009 12:55:16 -0600
Steve,
I'm not sure that he was a ham, but I JUST remember from when I was a
little kid, Paul Harvey had a program "from his listening post" or
words to that effect where he rebroadcast short wave broadcasts from
Russia, England and so on.  I believe that the intro said "from his
short wave listening post outside of chicago".  Well before I learned
of and bacame a ham - short wave sounded cool, though!!  Probably
sixty years ago.