From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 2009 21:23:32 -0500
Sorry about trying to use the e-mail list today as though it was SMS or IM.

On January 25 on 20 meters, starting at 2000Z, we got run off 14260 and
14258, and eventually settled on 14266.  We had checkins from KW3A, KK3F,
W3IUU, KG4ITD, W5OJT and K6DQ.  K6DQ, Rob near Sacramento, says he has been
reading this mailing list, and he could probably help out as a West Coast
relay.

We moved down to 7195 at 2100Z.  Before long, the broadcast station on 7190
became quite loud, especially in Florida, and we moved up to 7199.  Checkins
included W3IUU, KK3F, KW3A, N1UMJ, KG4ITD, N4HC and W5Ojt.  I left the air
at about 2130 with the broadcast stations on 7200 building up.

On both bands, most of us could only hear one or two of the stations, so
this was really not much fun.  I will probably not do this too much in the
near future; people might not have appreciated me running them around the
bands anyway.  More of us would be likely to hear each other on CW, but it
would be slow going for a roundtable of any size.  I guess more of us need
to get amplifiers, and improved antennas and receivers.  It was fun trying.
73,
Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls