From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 2009 20:21:18 -0500
Hi.  I'm glad somebody made it to the 20 meter net frequency.  I decided
yesterday to go to the memorial service for a blind ham this afternoon, then
forgot to let you all know.

Doug Strobel, KB3HAM, grew up in Damascus, Maryland.  After graduating from
high school, he attended the Colorado Center for the Blind and decided to
move to Colorado.  He had finished one semester at Metro State University in
Denver, planning to go into hospitality/hotel management.  He died
unexpectedly, at age 20, on January  15 or 16.  My wife Judy arranged the
funding so that he could attend CCB.  I think that he only was on VHF/UHF,
but he apparently had QSO's with hundreds of people on repeaters and perhaps
also on EchoLink.  He got his ham license on September 11, 2001.  May he
rest in peace.
73,
Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com