From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2009 16:16:07 -0700
typical american rhetoric.
arogant, egotistical, iggnorent and so far from the truth and reality that
it is simply laughable.
The illogical premise that the US is the best at everything and god's gift
to the world is the biggest reason the country as a whole, and the people of
the country have little to no respect around the world regardless of their
contributions to the world.
The US has indeed contributed massively to many things around the world, but
it has taken far more then it has ever, or will ever give and that is not
excusable or justifiable by what it has offered in return.
Most americans live in a bubble and this is the bases of the general
attitude you so eagerly embrace.
interspection certainly isn't america's strong suit.
ask the people of any other country who doesn't have their head firmly
installed in the US's hind quarters, and you'll get the same response.
individuals are one thing, but if we want to debate a culture, a society, a
political system, foreign image, etcetra, then the US is going to come out
the loser on those points.
Humans are just humans and weather your an american citizen or a cuban
citizen or a german citizen, your imperfect.  The more you shout about how
your country is better then everyone elses and how your culture is dominant
and so on, the more you begin to sound like a complete fool to the rest of
the world.
To tell me to stay out of your politics is in itself a total lack of
understanding of how american culture and morality is being forced upon
everyone else.  American media forces the rest of the world to indulge in
their politics by sheer dominance of imagery and advertizing.  I have no
choice but to be involved in your politics because america has quite
literally been sticking it's nose into other peoples business for so long
that it's actions can't help but effect everyone else.
It's like a bull in a china shop, unwanted, but impossible to ignore.  And
even more like that analogy because the bull is totally unaware and
unconcerned about the effect it is having upon it's surroundings and only
wants what it wants without even a glimmering thought of how others perceive
it.
73
Colin, V A6BKX