From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2009 23:40:22 -0500
Hi.

I'd like to be there, but there are a couple of potential problems.  First,
the time occurs when my YL and I are usually eating supper, but even if
that isn't an issue, the other problem is that the antennas were badly
damaged in the December 28 windstorm.  I made some repairs tonight, but
will need assistance for some of it.  What is still not known is how badly
the G5RV was damaged when the tree came down.  Part of it came down across
the feedline, and pulled it pretty taut, so it is conceivable that the
feedpoint connection could have been broken by the sudden tug.  The SWR
curves don't look normal, so I suspect something like that has happened.

I'll be on if I can, but no promises.

Oh, by the way, on the bright side, now that the tree came down, it opens
up more space for antennas!

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK