From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 2008 14:40:32 -0500
Gary,

There are 2 modes of reset:  one  blows it all away to factory defaults.
The other leaves menu settings and memory  channels intact while   only
resetting  internal radio stuff.

One mode uses the a=b button and the other uses the a/b button.   procedure
is the same, just use one button or the other.   It's been so long since
I've done it here, I forget which is which, but obviously whatever you did
was the  one that preserves menus.

hope it solved your problem.  In the next few weeks, the reset is your best
friend, so get to know him.   BTW, before storing a lot of frequencies, you
should get the mcp-2000 program to back stuff to the pc so you can get it
loaded back if a full reset is needed.

The one reset is a full and the other one is called a partial.

73, HNY, Steve KW3A