From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 2008 02:30:41 -0600
Let's face it, if we want to include as many of us as possible, the best
answer is a schedule on skype or echo-link.  Those options only knock out
the people still running dial up.  Otherwise, the world is just to big!  We
spanned NovaScotia to Oregon yesterday, I did everything I could think of to
get the people I couldn't hear into the qso, but then Ed and Dave with great
signals in here, couldn't hear each other.  What about the guys who have
phone but don't know CW?  Yes they are really hams to.  Since some people
are unconditionally opposed to echo-link, let's do it on skype, or one of
the
http://www.for-the-people.com chat rooms.  Sure, we'd all have to register
there.
Now if guys from any part of the world want to make their own round tables,
go for it!!!  Personally, I'd like to try a Mid-west phone QSO on 75 meter
phone.  I just don't trust 40 meters, and some guys can't run 60 meters;
although that would be fun to try.

H T Kaufman MSW LCSW
Adaptive Technology Instructor