From:
Pat Gormley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 2008 15:58:11 -0500
        Howard I had a triton that did that on me one time and I had to send
it back because there was a problem in the master oscillator power amplifier
circuit and that circuit board was grounded to the chassis and in order to
get to it you had to tear the rig completely apart.  After you put the
components in you'd have to realign the radio and make sure the transmitter
was properly neutralized so it wouldn't take off into self oscillation.  73-
pat kk3f