From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 2008 10:05:06 -0500
Hello;
Speaking of old farts, I had a tr4 transceiver and ordered the "braille
dial".  I wasn't quite certain what I was expecting but it was just a round
circle maybe the size of a coffee can lid labeled with one through 25 around
the edge.  It worked well withe crystal calibrator.
A friend had a sb101 and prior to assembly labeled the internal dial and
left an opening so he could feel the mechanism as it turned.  Sounded like a
great idea until the dimo tape labels started coming off and getting into
the radio.
So much for good ideas.
I guess in some ways we are terribly spoiled even if we now have to fight
with menus.
Richard