From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2008 23:36:19 -0500
Hi.

It isn't just the sound card, but also the processor time taken by the
software synthesizer itself.  Granted that if you have lots of memory and a
fast processor, the difference is negligible, but I found that on a 1700
MHz AMD Athelon with 512 MB of RAM, when editing and burning music, the
difference was quite significant.

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK