From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2008 20:36:20 -0500
Teri,

ACB worked very hard for audio description, but when NFB took the position
that audio description wasn't necessary, that kinda took the wind out of our
sails.  Combine that with the fact that described audio costs much more in
terms of labor than does closed captioning, and you have an almost
impossible uphill fight.

Steve