From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2008 00:10:07 -0500
Yes, they do, but although you can recharge them, the life for a discharge
cycle is considerably shorter on a rechargeable battery than on the typical
9 volt alkaline battery, and the shelf life is substantially shorter.  If
you occasionally use your radio, you might find that the shelf life itself
kills the battery before you would kill it on a comparable alkaline
battery.  Consider that a Nickel Cadmium battery loses much of its charge
in a 4 to 5 week period just sitting there doing nothing.

I still maintain that the original 9 volt alkaline can do the job
reasonably well, if you just make some provision for shutting it off when
you aren't using it.

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK