From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2008 20:27:43 -0700
rofl.
and I really am in a manner of speaking.
Can you imagine going down to the local grosery store, and hooking up your
static strap to the cart...hmmm, might get some pretty interesting comments
and looks from people.
Here's a good one, if a guide dog user, why not put a static strap on the
dog, unless he/she is a long haired retriever, in which case, the feathers
on the tail would suffice.

But seriously, I don't think the static strap would work since there
generally isn't enough build up on the human body or slow moving, shopping
carts? for enough static to be discharged to ground with a strap like those
used on cars.
What might be a better alternative is to wear clothing that is static
resistent.  Allot of sports clothing is static resistent and might help out
with this issue.
Out of curiosity, what are the results of having allot of static build up
around cocular implants?  What exactly happens to the devices or the persons
hearing if there is a strong discharge like when you get out of a car in a
dry cool environment?
And, can a high build up, say from wearing just dried clothes that weren't
dried with bounce or a static reducing item cause malfunction or severe
noise in the cocular implants?