From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2008 13:24:38 -0500
You are correct.  the center of the coax goes to the upper screw, which goes
through the  upper part of the antenna, which is the radiating element.

 The shield of the coax attaches to the lower screw, which is your ground.
To this screw you also attach radial wires and  connection to a ground  rod,
if any.

The small  matching coil goes  between the 2 screws.

Just strip off enough insulation to get the wire around the screw.   You can
bury the radials, or just lay them on the ground.  More are better.
Several short ones are better than 1 or 2 long ones.

73, Steve KW3A