From:
Eric Clegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 2008 19:59:35 -0700
Hello Listers,
I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who encouraged us to get the LDG talking watt meter while they last.

Today I went to w4rt's web site and ordered a tw1 and a tw2 plus a wall wart for each of them.

I didn't find their web site completely intuitive. I had to get sighted help from a colleague to get into the payments section. It seemed toget stuck when it asked for state or province when it wanted to add sales tax.

On the other hand it could be something that I did or didn't do.

I'm not completely comfortable wwith ordering online.

I'm slowly getting my station together.

Going to get the TS480SAT and accessories in November from HRO in Sunnyvale.

And will get the TMV71A in December.

I'm trading a mint condition ICR75 with all the filters and speech board toward the purchase of the TS480.

I bought that receiver 2 years ago and although it was easy to ru I always hated the thin sound it produced.

Thanks once again to everyone on the list for their helpful end encouraging comments.

The one lesson I've learned from my purchase is that if there is a useful technology like the talking watt meters and it can help a blind ham yo'd better get it before they stop manufacturing the gear or it disappears.

Best 73's,

Eric
KU3I