From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2008 13:19:34 -0400
John,

I know what you're saying, and I would agree if someone exclusively used
Echolink and never set up a station of any kind.  However, in my example,
that isn't the case.  We would like nothing more than to use radio
exclusively, but it just isn't possible.  You and I happen to be lucky
enough to have stations right now, but I've been in situations where it just
wasn't possible, and can certainly understand and appreciate that others may
be in similar circumstances.  I've heard similar arguments regarding the use
of repeaters, but I notice that many of those who spoke against their use
were doing so on a repeater.  It makes me wonder how many of them were a
little insecure about their own operating skills, or maybe they just liked
beating up on other hams.  In my opinion, Echolink is just another aspect of
the hobby, which I can use (or not) as I see fit.

Steve