From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2008 20:08:37 -0400
I haven't blown up my FT950 yet, and the triband beam really works when the
high bands are open.  Made about 240 QSO's in the CQ WW phone DX contest
this weekend, operating on and off, especially 20 and 15 meters.  One local
guy worked all the way to India on 15 meters twice, but I never heard
anything that good.  Even with a solar flux of 66 or 67 there is some DX to
be had if you have a good antenna and some patience.  Twenty was really
wall-to-wall while it was open to Europe.  Some locals worked a country or
two on ten meters also, but I missed that.

73 and see you in the CW Sweepstakes contest this coming weekend!

Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls