From:
"Ray T. Mahorney" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ray T. Mahorney
Date:
Sat, 25 Oct 2008 16:37:56 -0000
I would think that the stock meter movement would likely be the usual 1
mA full-scale in either a solid-state or tube unit, so the "talking
meter" adapter should likely work.  Calibration would be different, but
I'd think it could be worked out either way.   For dipping or peaking,
a meter adapter with a tone output option would be handy.

A grounded-grid amp might be the best choice, as you can concentrate on
tuning it just for maximum output.  A grid-driven amp usually requires
back and forth between several settings and would be harder in a
vision-limited situation.

Steve WD8DAS

http://www.wd8das.net/
Radio is your best entertainment value.