From:
Danny Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2008 23:05:29 -0400
Hi Phil, The voice chip for the 706 series is the U T102, you can press a
button on the front of the rig to hear one or two or all of the following,
Frequency, S Meter Reading, and Mode.  When using the John Hansen Millenium
QSYER, You can enter frequency, and get access to the same voice readings on
the radio's speaker.  The 706 series is a pretty blind friendly series, lots
of menus, but you have different beep sequences and long and short beep
guidances for most applications.  I've had both the 706Original, and mkII.
Handihams has manuals and helps for the series, and several on this list
have and enjoy the radios as well.  HTH, Danny Dyer, Wb4idu.