From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Oct 2008 22:53:06 -0400
Unless Icom becomes the principle manufacturer of amateur radio equipment
and Kenwood and Yaesu gradually fade out of the picture.  That isn't too
far fetched to imagine as Icom seems to be doing a lot more research and
development than the other players.  Besides that, I wonder what effect the
current economic fiasco will have on a market that was kind of marginal to
start with.  My guess is that some if not many of the players will simply
drop out.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 05:20 PM 10/18/2008 -0400, you wrote:
>no current Kenwood radios do DSTAR that I know of, Icom is the only one and
>no one else has any interest in taking it on, which is why it's destined to
>fail.

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]