From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2008 12:16:03 -0400
There's always going to be a few of them. I've taken HT's all over the place
about everywhere I've been, and I have never found a place that was
completely free of those on some spots of the VHF and UHF bands. With
computer equipment and the like being more and more common, and the
receivers in the HT's being broad in the small ones, though the T90A, after
the first run of them is very good, but anyway, with all going on, they are
getting more and more but if it's not all over the place I wouldn't worry
too much about it. I know in the 2 meter band alone, I must have 20 to 25
spots on the band where I run in to that and more depending on conditions.
If there's a cable leak, it should show up on 145.25 believe it or not but
really if it' snot horrible, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Computers,
fax machines, stuff like that all generate a little noise.