From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2008 07:01:26 -0400
Hi, folks.

I think I'll be getting my new TW1 today, and I just have a few questions I
want to be clear on before trying to use it.  I know these questions are
elementary, but I just want to be sure I'm on the right track with a few
things:

1.  From the manual, I assume the TW1 is powered only by AC power, using the
recommendedWalwart supply.   Is that correct?  In other words, there's no
provision to use it with batteries?

2.  Would I be able to keep the TW1 in line at all times, rather than having
to connect and re-connect it to take needed measurements?  I believe the
answer is yes, but I just want to be sure.

3.  Finally, can I use the TW1 at the full 100 watts for tuning purposes?
Again, I think the answer here is yes, but I remember the old days of the
Conway tuning aids where if you used 100 watts to tune, all sorts of
interesting things happened, including letting the smoke out of the unit.
(grin)

Thanks for putting up with these questions.  I just want to be sure I start
off on the right foot here.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ