From:
Kevin Kwan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2008 23:50:40 -0400
ham radio deluxe is a program in which you can use to control your radio
with your computer. Most people use it for programming frequencies and
memories in the radio. However me personally, I use it to control my icom
735 rig and luckily a guy in West Coast Canada made a mod to work with it so
I can have voice read out for the radio and also lots of memory capability.
If you don't know, the icom 735 itself only has 12 memories. Most people are
cool with that, because I guess you can program a memory for each band and
then you can square off that way. Plus I also have direct frequency entry
with the keyboard because the radio doesn't have that. You turn the knob and
use your eyes and eventually get to where you want. You can click the band
select to go faster but it's still slow.       I've also seen people use
deluxe for logging. You can set up an excellent electronic log for your
Q.S.O's. Hopefully my explanation of ham deluxe is adequate enough, if for
some reason you don't grasp what I'm saying, just let me know on or off list
I'll try to explain it more elaborately. It's just a program that allows you
to hook your radios in to your computer so you can control it remotely. The
disadvantage with running a radio like this is you're restricted to the
computer. If that's ok with you, it's a great program. If it's not, then I
wouldn't use it.

73 de va3kky.----- Original Message -----