From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2008 15:47:59 -0400
Gerry,,
I would agree with what Butch said.    Mine withstood some pretty serious
winds, but we don't get many hurricanes near Philly.

Laying it next to the house would be a good idea to  help protect it.   I
would put a few bricks or blocks  under it at various points to  keep the
coils from getting deformed,    Put the bricks under the tubing  so the
coils are supported off the ground a bit and  then maybe some bricks on top
to keep it from blowing away.

26 feet is kind of long to feed into the house via door or window, but you
can break this thing down into 3 more manageable parts  by removing only 2
machine screws and nuts.  Remove the screw and nut at the tubing junction
above the  20/30 meter coil.   This will give you  the bottom section in
about a 10  ft. section.  This is the most  important section, with all the
capacitors and coils.    You can easily put that section away and lay the
remaining section flat on the ground with some  bricks  on it to keep it
there.   If you want it all in the house,  remove the wire clamp that holds
the bottom of the 15 meter  wire.   Mark the bottom edge of the clamp with
some electrical tape so you can  put it back in the same place.  This will
give you  a 6 ft. section and a 12 ft. section.

Good luck, Steve KW3A