NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jon Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 22:52:40 -0400
On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Robyn Kozierok wrote:

> Does anyone know of anyone who has had a cross-contamination reaction
> via a shared deep-fryer?  I am hair-trigger allergic to fish, but have
> never had a problem with french fries fried in the same fryer where
> fish is fried, at places like McDonalds and also at small non-chain
> restaurants.  At this point, I guess I figure it apparently isn't an

Do you know for sure that they're doing the fish and fries in the same
oil?  It's not unsual for the fryers to be divided up into separate tanks,
and at a place like McDs where they're making fries non-stop all day, I
suspect they typically have dedicated fries tanks.

We ate at a Wendys just recently and asked about it, and they had a
dedicated fries fryer.

 Jon Lewis                   |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |