Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2008 18:43:47 -0500
Hi, folks.

Please forgive the off topic post again, but I have a question, and an
observation.

Does anyone know what kind of a battery pack is in the Victor Reader Classic
plus book reader?

Mine no longer holds a charge, so I need to do something about replacing it.

I called Humanware today, and they said that the only way to replace the
battery is for me to send the machine in, with an RMA number, and they'd do
it there.

I asked them if they could just send me the replacement battery pack itself,
so that I could install it here.

They said that was not possible.

You've got to be kidding me!

I have to believe there's some way to replace that battery pack, other than
sending the whole thing into Humanware.

I suppose I could always use one of the external led acid power stations I
have, rig up a plug, and run the Victor Reader that way, being sure to
adjust the power station for the appropriate voltage, but that seems like an
awful lot of trouble, and kind of defeats the portability of the Victor
Reader Classic.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Please respond off list to:

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ