Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2009 19:38:05 +0000

Gluten-Free Living's first issue for 2009 is almost ready to go to the printer.

It's packed with all kinds of information to improve your gluten-free life.

You'll find everything you ever wanted to know about including beans in your gluten-free meals. Beans are nutritious, delicious, and easy to make and you'll know why after reading articles from nutrition expert Anne Lee and recipe master Jackie Mallorca.

We also have details on how celiac disease affects your bones in our story about osteoporosis. Find out why it's so important to pay attention to bone health after your diagnosis.

Are you interested in learning how to use you cell phone or ipod in your gluten-free kitchen? We have all the details on how you can put technology to work for you. Even kids get in on the action. Read how video games can teach cooking techniques to the young and young-at-heart.

You'll find the second part of our series about gluten in medications in our story about over-the-counter drugs. And popular blogger Maureen Stanley shares her story about the way the Internet expanded her gluten-free community and how it can do the same for you.

And there's lots more. We continue our regular coverage of gluten-free labeling. And i n our "On Your Plate" column we answer your questions about everything from movie theater popcorn to mushrooms.

This issue should be mailed to our subscribers by the end of this month. If you'd like to become a subscriber go to www.glutenfreeliving.com for details. You'll find a lot of other important information on our website, including a news flash that gives you details on how to keep track of all the peanut products that have been recalled due to potential Salmonella contamination. You'll also find our blog, where we share our unique perspectives on the gluten-free lifestyle.

While you are waiting for our new issue, check out the last issue of 2008 on our website.

Ann Whelan

Editor/Publisher

Gluten-Free Living

www.glutenfreeliving.com