From:
Sidona Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sidona Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2009 15:59:27 -0800

I didn't realize that this mix had been around for a few years.  I guess
I've been hiding under a rock.  Several people shared what they do with this
mix.  In addition, a few people asked me how much flax seed meal do I put in
the bread mix.  I put 1 Tblsp.  I read a long time ago that 1 Tblsp. was a
good amount to put in to a loaf of bread mix.

Someone also asked if I used a bread machine or not.  I did not.  I made it
in my Kitchen Aid mixer and then put it in a 9 x 5 loaf pan.  I also make
sure my liquid is 110-111 degrees before adding the yeast.

Sidona

1)      I agree!, I use it to make pizza with.  I use the recipe from Bob's
pizza crust online and make it out of the bread.

You can make it thin or thick, the trick is using water to move the dough
around.

Lisa

--------

2)      You are right. This is wonderful bread. However it is very short on
nutrition. Just this week my daughter made the same flaxseed meal addition &
we like it very much. I plan to forward your email to my Celiac Forward
Group.  Also have a suggestion. Try mixing this bread mix & the whole grain
bread mix. We've done that & it's great, especially toasted. We make 4
loaves out of the two mixes. One loaf per mix makes a bigger slice than we
want.

Your suggestion about using buttermilk is great. I find that buttermilk
helps the rising process in any bread, pancakes, etc. Also thank you for
mentioning the exact temperature of the liquid. Many people do not realize
the importance of this, especially in gluten free bread.

Regards, Gladys Ward

3)      Hi, Just want to let you know that I, too, make the bread. I have
always had good luck with it.I have been using it for several years. In fact
I won1st place in a bread baking contest in our support group about 3 years
ago.I just modified it a little. I used water instead of milk. It is so
good. I also use the 2 cup size pyrex bowls (5 of them )The  bread comes out
just the right size for a sandwichand I get about 5 or 6 slices per bowl.
Jo Ann