C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 2009 08:38:15 -0500
Deri,

Last weekend my military unit played host to a couple of RAF instructors
from RAF College, Cranwell, Lincolnshire.  They're here under a training
officer exchange program.

At any rate, over beers at the base pub the conversation turned to
politics.  Apparently it's bad form for folks in the British armed
forces to publically voice negative opinions of the civilian leaders--as
it is here, as well (in fact, it's a punishable offense under the US
Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ)).  So we had to be quite careful
about voicing our opinions.

That said, I gathered that British PM Gordon Brown had been having
popularity problems inside the military community.  What's your opinion
of Brown's policies and do you think Labour will continue to be in power
in the next election?  What are the prospects for the Conservative Party
and/or the Liberal Party.

Kyle