From:
"Gary R. Tennesen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 2010 19:12:16 -0800
Toshiba has had many models with an actual, rotary volume control on the
side of the laptop.  The dial to which I refer is like one you would see on
a clock radio; you move it toward you to turn it down and away to turn it
up.

Another item to check is the little graphic in your system tray (this is
where Windows keeps a clock for your viewing). The little graphic to check
is the one that looks like a white speaker.  Make sure that this little
white speaker does not have a red circle-slash graphic below it. Click once
on the speaker to adjust the volume or to unmute if the case may be.

The above tips are the easy ones.  Beyond these, we have to go to device
manager and ensure that the sound equipment is listed as working.  Another
thing you can try outside of sending the unit back is to hook up headphones
or external speakers to the output sound jack on the laptop and see if
anything comes from this.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml